Thursday, May 6, 2010

Made or rather bought - with LOVE!

Mother's Day is only a few days away. I live interstate from my Mum, so when Mother's Day comes around, I always wish that I could simply have a cup of tea with my Mum.. It would be so good to sit, laugh and talk face to face.

Since having children of my own, I have a new found love of this special day.
My eldest son, Zac is in Prep. During the week they had a Mother's Day market at school. He was so excited to be choosing something for me all on his own.
On the day that he purchased my gift, he made me stay away from his school bag and away from his room while he hid the present. (He has since made me promise not to look under his bed. ha - too funny)!
I don't think I have ever been more curious or more excited about a gift in my life. It really is true that the money factor in a gift is not what counts. Its the love and thought that matters.
My husband said that when Zac told him what he had bought and the reason why he chose it, he was fighting back tears - as the thought behind it is simply gorgeous.
So, I am counting my sleeps until I sit and listen to Zac's story and gratefully receive my gift of love. xx

No comments:

Post a Comment