Monday, October 24, 2011

"Oh Wells" in life

I love this quote.Pinned Image

After nearly 4 years of Shimi we are just about at breaking point.  We love our little store and we love that we support Australian designers some of who work with recycled fabrics and all of who do all the work themselves - so no "child labour".

But, as was discussed with friends just the other day, we all want to support these industries but the reality is that we support these industries when it is financial viable, and most people will buy the cheaper product and chose to ignore how it was made, or what it was made from.  This is not an insult, it is just reality and I am guilty of it.

It's life.

For example right now I really want to believe that I would enjoy watching Q&A, but the reality is I am much more at peace staring numbly at The Big Bang Theory.

So yes, we (Shimi) are not the financially viable business we were hoping for but it is an "Oh Well", and not a "What If".  It would be the easier option to give up, but we believe in our little business and we believe in the business's we support so we will prevail and keep on even if it is always "oh well".

What I would love to hear though is some success stories.  I love hearing about Mum's in particular who have given it a go and made something of their dream.  Inspirational.

Jen
www.shimi.com.au

No comments:

Post a Comment