Monday, June 1, 2009

Bring back the egg and spoon race!

On the weekend, we went to a children's party which reminded me so much of the 'good old days'. There wasn't a Macdonalds burger in site. We were in a fantastic park where games were held such as the egg and spoon race, 3 legged, sack etc.. The kids were loving it! I said to a friend recently that kids parties can be really stressful to organise. Does any other parent think that? What happened to just being able to invite one or two best mates over, singing happy birthday and eating cake. Now its jumping castles, clowns, face painting etc. I also acknowledge though, that we get so many invites to birthday parties, that it would be unfair to invite just one or two! We need to return the favour to a whole stack of kids! ha.. Its all good fun.. Just interesting to see how times (and expectations) have changed! I'm not complaining (I promise), we are very very lucky to have so many wonderful friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment