Monday, May 18, 2009

Kids and Kindy

My daughter's lovely Kindy put on a Mother's Day morning last week, and it was a beautiful day. We had mother/child arts and craft to do, all the mums had to wear tiaras that the kids had made for us, we were presented by the children a lovely morning tea, and ended the morning with a coffee and a chat with the other mums while the kids played. All in all, very nice morning was had by all.

Another project that the kids had down in the weeks preceding the Mothers Day Morning was to paint a picture of their mums (I am green with a red nose and wild yellow hair, but their is a resemblance there), and write a little biography of their mums to hang in the class room. I think all the mums were slightly scared about what may come to light with these bios. I am sure we are all great mums, but we all raise our voices at our kids from time to time, or forgets to clean their teeth in the morning when we are running late. There were many funny ones like My mum is 3 and I can't remember the other number, or My mum is old and brushes her hair a lot. Or my bio, which started with "I love my mum because she feeds me lollies! " and ended with "I love my mum because she gives me chocolate after dinner". There was some other nice stuff thrown in about giving her lots of kisses and cuddles, but my willingness to throw sugar down my child's throat seem to dominate. I was highly embarrassed until I noticed most of the other mums had something like that on their bio, and a teacher patted me on the back and said, "you do it once and it is what they remember for ever".

I must admit I am not a sugar Nazi, but I do limit my kids to two chocolate bullets after dinner IF they eat their dinner, and they get the occasionally lolly here and their. Have I defended myself enough yet???

No comments:

Post a Comment