Saturday, May 9, 2009

Mother's Day

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY

I was lucky (?) enough to have breaky in bed this morning thanks to a great husband who made pancakes, and my 4 and 2 year old who presented me with my breakfast. I received three pancakes (one of which the kids promptly devoured) with butter and golden syrup. Yes, golden syrup, bedsheets and two small children - a recipe for disaster. But we made it through without an spillage. 10 years ago when my husband and I were without children, syrup in bed would have bought up very different images, but these days - it is just fear.

Anyway, it was lovely and my children were very excited about making me feel extra special on my big day, and that was the best present of all. Seeing their little faces with big smiles as they bought in the pancakes brought a tear to my eye. My present (a facial) is on hold until next weekend as most of the Beautician's in my area are closed on a Sunday, so I will have a double helping of Mother's Day.

Off to have Sushi (yum) for lunch!! Hope all the mums out there have a really wonderful day.

No comments:

Post a Comment