Thursday, March 12, 2009

Fashion Problems

I am the first to admit I am a bit of a slave to fashion.  It really makes me feel good to put something nice on, and I think every women has the right to feel lovely in what they wear.  However, sometimes that comes at a cost.  

I had not long ago bought myself a beautiful but very long floral skirt.  And me being a shorty (5.2"), I really had to take the skirt up.  But as is normal for me, I couldn't wait to wear it and decided that I could deal with a dragging hemline for a night. - nice pair of heels and no one will be the wiser.  So we had a dinner party and our lovely guests arrived.  Night was going well - most of the kids had passed out in front of the tv  watching "Ice Age" and the finally the adults had had a chance to talk at a normal level and enjoy their dinner and wine without endless requests for milk.

The night was drawing to an end and I had decided to carry my little 2 year old up stairs to bed, so the other kids didn't wake him when they left.  So both arms were cradling my little one as I proceeded upstairs (shoeless), but with every step I took I stepped on my skirt, making it creep down my hips a little more each time.  I could do nothing but keep going, and hope no one was looking, but unfortunately by the top step all that was covering my bum was my pink knickers.  And my guest were now all looking at me from the bottom of the stairs - all to stunned to turn the other way.

You live and learn!!  Tell us your embarrassing fashion statement.


No comments:

Post a Comment