Friday, March 27, 2009

Winter Wears

I am soooo sick of the hot weather.  I am from the tropics originally, so when I moved down South, it was a whole new wardrobe I had to find for the beautiful crisp air (hard job, but someones got to do it).   I remember waiting at the train station with my knees hurting I was so cold.  And the beautiful feeling of coming home after a hard days work, having a HOT shower, and putting on the flanny pj's, slippers, bed socks, dressing gown, and then curling up under a blanket.  Ah bliss!!

Now, it seems winter is in hiding.  Maybe I am more acclimatizes, or maybe it is global warming, but autumn (what autumn, it seems Summer has moved in on Autumns turf) and winter last for about a month, and then the hot weather starts again.  Well I have a cupboard full of jumper, cardigans, coats, scarves and boots that I want to wear.  Being a full time mum now, they seem to get an outing about once a year.  I must admit it is a bit easier to look lets say...... less polished in winter, but I haven't yet gone the all day tracksuit look.  Even though at times it would be blissful, I will not go down that road yet.  Jeans and a nice cardie for me, and maybe when I am in my retirement village knitting my great grand kids booties (who I am kidding, I will be buying them), I might relent and go the tracksuit.  Maybe.

Anyway, for those of you who do get to celebrate winter, the Trench is the biggest item this year.  Very versatile jacket it is to.  Pop a bold belt with it for a great look.  It also looks great with jeans, fine for work with tailored trousers or a pencil skirt, or team it with the winters other big look - ski-pants.  Yes they are back.  I believe they are a lot like the skinny jeans, you really need to embrace the lollipop look (all head, no body - a look I will never understand) to get away with it, but if you are comfortable, do it!


No comments:

Post a Comment