Friday, March 27, 2009

Womens' Beauty Rituals

I have a wedding to attend tomorrow. And, as I painstakingly painted my nails tonight (yes, attempted french polish), it got me thinking about the beauty rituals women do. In some ways, it doesn't matter what part of the world we live in, we all do some sort of beauty ritual for special occasions. It starts a week before the event - the waxing, hair, tanning, nails, a little extra moisture into the feet for those open toe shoes.. and the list goes on.
Preparing for such events prompts us to take a little more time out for ourselves - I love it!
Which leads me to this funny story.. I wanted a light tan so had put a great loreal lotion on over the past few days to build it up to a nice shade. I was quite pleased with how even and natural looking I had applied it. However, today my 2 yr old boy and I were lying on the couch watching Thomas and he looked at my feet and said 'Mum, your feet dirty'.. I said 'No they are not!' but had to laugh to myself. Maybe the tan wasn't so neat on the feet! ha. I had the dirt look going on.. Oh well..

No comments:

Post a Comment