Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Rope Yoga

Ever heard of Rope Yoga? It is the new fitness craze in America. No mats or blocks, just fabric hammock or ropes that suspend you above the ground where you practice yoga poses. Apparently it gives a deeper stretch and can provide extra support for positions. Of course there are the normal celebrities that "love" it like Sienna Miller and Pink, but it does sound like a bit of fun, and any sort of exercise that is fun it the way to go for me.
The most fun I have had exercising was in a Latin American aerobics class. I thought I was reasonable co-ordinated. Not the case. I could not get any of the steps and spent most of the time laughing at myself, however I still walked out of the class feeling like I had really spent some energy.
Rope Yoga is not in Australia yet, but I'm sure it won't take too long to make it's way here.

No comments:

Post a Comment