Monday, April 27, 2009

Skater Mum & Sons!

It never ceases to astound me how resilient and clever kids are! My two sons are 2 and 4 years old. Earlier this year we took up Roller Skating/Blading. We go to a class with toddlers/pre-school age children who are learning to skate/blade.
My 4 year old is quite shy and often unsure of himself. So, watching him emerge from not wanting to get onto the skates at all to seeing him now asking me to take him skating any spare minute we get - is fantastic. He started off on skates and this week is moving into blades. My 2 year old also gets on the skates. they just tighten the wheels and away he goes.
I see 3-4yr old children absolutely flying on their blades, its incredible. Over the easter school break, we went as family to the local skating rink. I got on blades after many years of not doing so (and I didn't fall over once, it was simply out of fear of being run over by the kids hooning around me on the rink! ha). I had the best time holding hands and skating around with my 4yr old to 80's pop songs.. Took me back quite a few years. Looking for good old fashioned fun (and fitness), go visit your local rink (or find a very smooth path)!

No comments:

Post a Comment