Tuesday, April 28, 2009

The unusual

I don't know if it is just me, but of late I have been hearing in the media a lot of negativity towards Rumer Willis, the daughter of Bruce Willis and Demi Moore. Yep, she is definately unusual looking in comparison to the normal hollywood starlet, but God lets give her a break. Do we all have to fit that pre-determined mould of what movie executives deem attractive to be attractive? I personally find people with unusual feature much more attractive then your dime a dozen pin up model. For example, I have never understood the obsession with Elle McPherson. Yes, very good looking, and amazing body, but to me she just looks ordinary. There is nothing extraordinary about her feature - she is just another attractive person. People like Owen Wilson with his broken nose, and Jennifer Aniston with her longer jaw line look much more interesting to me.
Maybe I feel this way because I am past the age of comparing myself to models or actresses. There are lots of things I don't like about my body, looks, hair, teeth, etc, but I am at the age where I own those things. I may not love everything about myself, but I am comfortable in my own skin. I don't mind that "beauty spot" above my lip. I like that my breasts don't sit quite as high as they used to (mind you, I don't want them to decend anymore). I like the quirky details on other people, and I guess I am learning to like the quirky details of myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment