Thursday, May 19, 2011

My 6 year old locked me out of the house.

I haven't had the best week of my life.  Nothing to dramatic has happened, there is just a tension in the house that we can't seem to cut through.  Not sure why we are all on edge, but we are.

My 6 year old in particular is being very hard to get on with.  Yesterday she actually locked me out of the house when I went outside to put the rubbish in the bin.  I was so angry that it was actually a good thing I was outside in the fresh air, it kept me calm.  If my 12 week baby boy was outside with me I would have gone for a little wander down the street to cool down a bit.    When she eventually opened the door I very calmly told her to go to her room and to stay there.  For good measure I sent my son to his room as well, and had a nice cuddle with my baby on the couch.

Today has been much better.  I have been treading water for the last 10 weeks and am so far behind in everything it is stressing me out.  So today I finished all the washing finally, did my grocery shopping on-line (love that I don't have to walk into a supermarket), baked with my boy (honey peanuts, chocolate cake and date loaf), played with my two boys which was lots of fun, went for a walk while my boy rode his bike and watered my poor wilting plants.

Such an improvement on the last week, I am going to bed feeling like I have achieved something finally.

Jen
www.shimi.com.au

No comments:

Post a Comment