Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Coat Hanger Art

I found this little idea in a magazine yesterday and thought it was cute and a really good way to use up some remnants of material that I really don't have enough to do anything much with, but can't bring myself to throw away.

Very simple, and took me all of 40 minutes to complete.  All you need is:

Wire Coat hanger
15mm Stripes of material about 15 cm long

Simply fashion the coat hanger into a shape of your choice, I have chosen a heart.  Then take your stripes of material, which I tore rather then cut because I wanted the more rustic look, and it onto the coat hanger until it is full.

I have done mine in a Christmas theme.  I probably wouldn't have them hanging for a long period of time, but for the festive season I am happy with these little burst of colour.

Happy making
Jen & Row
www.shimi.com.au

No comments:

Post a Comment