Friday, April 1, 2011

Breastfeeding

First let me start by saying this ISN'T a post to preach to woman that they should breastfeed and they will send their child into the internal depths of doom if they don't.  However I do love breastfeeding (it is not the be all and end all though people, many of us have survived on formula - my being one of them!).

Again to clarify, not so much the actual act of breastfeeding, although it is a lovely way to bond with my child.

Why do I love it:


  • In the middle of the night when baby wakes for a feed, all I have to do is whip out the old boob and feed him.  No sterilizing.  Yah.
  • I don't have to organise bottles, formula, etc before I go out.  My nappy bag stays packed with all the essentials and all I have to do is grab it, and the baby and go.
  • I know what my son is getting in his milk.
  • This one is very selfish, but I am allowing myself to be so seeings as though this is my last child - I don't have to share my baby with anyone for that brief period.
What I don't love about breastfeeding:

  • One Boob is always bigger then the other.

Jen

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE breastfeeding too. I love that it gives you a time every couple hours to reconnect and cuddle, and I don't know about you but the hormones that are released during the process makes me feel great!

    ReplyDelete