Sunday, March 27, 2011

Diet Time

My baby is four weeks old now and while I am not preoccupied with my weight and what I am eating, I am not enjoying carrying the extra kilos and not fitting into my old clothes.  So I did a bit of research and found that Lite and Easy would work the best for me.

I choose the higher calorie plan because I am breastfeeding and don't want to risk losing my milk, and so far in the past two weeks I think I have lost about .4 of a kilo.  Not amazing weight lose, but a lose is a lose.

So I am not going to be down to my former svelte self anytime soon, but it is convenient - I don't have to think about what I am eating from breakfast, lunch and snacks.  And it is healthy.  I choose the breakfast, lunch and snacks plan, mainly because I want to make sure dinner is a family affair and I am eating what my children and husband are eating.  I grew up in a household where my mum was continually on a diet and hence I have always had diet and body issues.  Not mums fault at all but it definitely played a part in how I now view my eating habits, some really good, some not so good.  Therefore I want my daughter in particular to see that a balanced diet is the healthiest option.

Anyway, exercise is the next step.  The walking starts TODAY.

Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment