Monday, January 10, 2011

Rain, rain go away

I am sure everyone in Queensland is feeling the same way.  Enough with the rain already!!  Apart from the fact this it has created devastation throughout the state, I think kids everywhere are going stir-crazy and in turn driving their parents crazy.

But to be serious the families affected by this constant rain have been left with literally nothing.  Insurance may or may not cover these events as flood is a exclusion on most policies unless the consumer specifically requests flood cover, and in turn pays the premium to ensure this cover.  So now is the time to donate people, just go to this website http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/breaking-news/floodrelief to make your donations.

At Shimi we will be doing our best to donate all we can, however personally we have also pledged clothing and furniture, rather then sell them at a garage sale as originally planned.    I also have a bassinet and a pram that I was planning to ebay, but if you have a friend or family member in need due to the flood devastation, please contact me at info@shimi.com.au and I will gladly pass these items along.

On a less serious note, the children are driving me mad.  I have always heard mums talk about how much they are looking forward to their children going back to school, and I have never personally felt that way.  Don't get me wrong, I have had my bad days, but all in all we usually enjoy our holidays together.  Not so this time.....  The few days that we have managed trips to the park or pool have been great days, but the days we have been couped up inside are downright miserable.  One child (who is way to smart for her own good) teasing ruthlessly and the other child (who at four already has too much testosterone in his little body) letting his anger get the better of him.

Oh well, there are far worse things that could happen - so much make the best of it.  Actually I have just watched the news and there are numerous towns in Southern Queensland that are having houses and cars washed away in these devastating floods, so I have absolutely NOTHING to complain about.

Jen & Row
www.shimi.com.au

No comments:

Post a Comment