Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Best Children's Book We Own

My mum bought this book for my kids and it is absolutely the best book we have in our children's extensive library.

It is called "Everyone's Got A Bottom".  It is a lovely subtle book about a normal family, but the main theme is privacy and what is wrong and right in relation to private parts.

I regularly talk to my children about what is appropriate behaviour and what is not appropriate behaviour, but I find it is  quite a fine line when discussing issues of sexual abuse with children.  I don't want to scare them but at the same time I want them to have a voice and understand they are to always listen to their instincts and they can talk to us about anything.

What I love about this book is that it is a very inoffensive happy book that stills conveys the message my husband and I are wanting to give to our children.  We read this book to them at least once every few weeks, and it has a lovely catch phrase that the kids love reading out aloud with us "From our Head to Our Toes we can say what goes.

If you have young children, this is one of the most worthwhile books you could give them.  You can order the book from The Family Planning Association, or I would imagine you can get it from any good bookstore.  (Link for The Family Planning Association is below)

http://www.fpq.com.au/publications/teachingAids/everyones_got_a_bottom.php

Jen
www.shimi.com.au

No comments:

Post a Comment