Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Love the FNQ Spirit

Being a FNQer for the first 21 years of my life, I still have a bit of the "she'll be right" in me.  I love how laid back we are, even in terrifying times.

I have been texting my Dad non stop today and chatting when we could and of course they are fully prepared : radios, batteries, mattresses and blankets out, water, ice and lots of food.  I still love his comments though, which all have the theme, "We'll be right Darl".  God Love Him.

Although I must say that no matter how laid back the FNQ people are, there seems to be an eerie feeling in the air that the public can't quite hid with the typical "she'll be right".

Bed is looking like a distant memory tonight as I can't seem to turn off the TV.  It is very terrifying for the folks in FNQ, but nearly as terrifying for the people like Rowena and Myself who have family going through this.  With no phone contact in a lot of cases, these news reports are the only thing keeping us sane at the moment I think.

For all of you in FNQ, keep safe, we are thinking of you.

Jen and Row
www.shimi.com.au

No comments:

Post a Comment