Monday, February 21, 2011

My first professional house clean.

OMG, for the first time in my life I am having my house cleaned by someone else today.....

It is a new experience for me, and I'm not quite sure how I feel about it yet.  Yes, I am extremely happy not to be cleaning, but I feel slightly guilty.  Yes, I am paying them, so I shouldn't feel the least bit guilty, but I do.  I also feel guilty that I am not in there helping them out.  And I feel guilty that I am essentially a Stay-At-Home mum and really cleaning the house is part of my job description.  If I was out working - then there would be no questions, I would have the house cleaned weekly, but .... oh you know the story if you are a stay-at-home mum.  Money, guilty, spending, guilt, etc.

Anybody would think my husband is a money Nazi.  Not the case.  In fact when I was justifying getting a cleaner the other day (I am only 2 days off giving birth to number 3) I said I would only have a cleaning for the first 3 months after bubs was born, and only fortnightly, just to make life a little less stressful for a bit.  He promptly said "Once you get a cleaner, you are keeping a cleaner".  Who can argue with that.  I think it has something to do with the fact that he now pays someone to mow the lawn. Fair is fair I guess.

And besides, we both work very hard.  Him doing long hours at work and at home, and me trying to build up our gorgeous e-boutique www.shimi.com.au, which was essentially started to help out with things like cleaning, groceries, and holidays.  When you work hard it is nice to have weekends free to spend time with the kids without the call of housework and yard work looming over you.   That's how we look at life anyway.

We haven't quite made the holiday yet, besides a few little trips to the Coast and to Cairns to see my family, but that is our aim this year.  A great holiday where we can enjoy each other and our kids without having to do anything.  That was going to be Dunk Island, but after cyclone Yasi, unfortunately not.  Oh well - maybe next year.

Jen
www.shimi.com.au

No comments:

Post a Comment