Friday, February 4, 2011

Sewing Machine Packed Away

Well, I have finally hit the wall and as much as I love sewing, just cannot bring myself to do anymore.  I guess with a huge baby bump it is hard to get comfortable when sewing and I am just too tired to think logically about what I am doing.

I have had two projects on the go.  First was a library bag for 6y old, and although it is usable and looks OK, it is not going to last long, I just stuffed it up in too many ways.  It will do until after bub is born at least, but honestly, you would think I would be able to make a library bag without stuffing it up to much.  Apparently Not.

The second, I have put away unfinished.  I actually hate doing this as I know very well that it will never get finished.  However I am using a Burda pattern which I usually love using as they seem to follow a different technique to most of the patterns I have used, but it always seems to be a better way in the long run.  The trouble with Burda is that they don't use illustrations, and being a very visual person, I have to read the instructions 5 or 6 times before I can get a clear picture in my head of how to follow the instructions.  I am making a very simple skirt with pockets at the moment but my baby brain can NOT get into gear and I have already made a mess of it.  So I have put it away in the hope that I will go back to it when I am thinking a little more clearly - so maybe in the next 2-3 years.

Both machines are now off to the repairers for a service so I have no other option but to give sewing a miss for a while.

Jen & Row
www.shimi.com.au

No comments:

Post a Comment