Thursday, February 3, 2011

Oriental Plates

I found these oriental plates at a garage sale of a lovely friend of mine.  It was the garage sale that we all dream about.  Lots of lovely artwork (Sarah is an artist), lots of interesting pieces from overseas and some great jewellery.

As I was "in the know" I got to go through everything first and pick out what I wanted before the scavengers descended on her place at 5 in the morning.  I picked up two huge original "Sarah" canvasses that my walls are going to love, lots of lovely jewellery, and my favourite - these Oriental dishes. And I got all this plus another huge canvas (blank) and a big white serving bowl and a silk scarf for $120.  Bargain when that includes two beautiful pieces of artwork.

I don't really have a "theme" in my house.  I just have a mixture of things I love and have made and try to fit the pieces in where I can.  But I feel in love with these bowls straight away.

Do you love?

Jen
www.shimi.com.au

No comments:

Post a Comment