Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Favourite Blog of the Week : Everything Is Edible

Maybe it is because I am only a couple of weeks away from giving birth to my third child, but this blog really spoke to me.

It is a lovely looking blog, very easy to read, but more then that it made me feel better.

I am always hot, always tired, sore back, sore ribs and intolerant of most things.  On the other hand I have a wonderful daughter and son, who are very happy kids (and quite a nice husband to boot).

However my daughter has so much spunk and intelligence that sometimes it overwhelms me.  If she wants to argue something, she will argue it to the death (and she is only 6).  BUT is her favourite word.  Whilst her drama and confidence are two of her most enduring qualities, my tolerance level to it at the moment is at an all time low.  I know in my heart that I should not be arguing with a 6 year old, I should be walking away.  Easier said then done.

My son has just started Kindergarten and loves it so much he on a massive high all night when he gets home.  He is so very happy with himself that he is just the tiniest bit annoying (believe me I feel VERY guilty saying this).  I am so happy he is loving life, but I just want a little break from the chat, chat, chat.

Which brings me to Everything Is Edible.  My guilt at the moment is giving me sleepless nights.  I love being a mum, I love seeing my kids laugh and talk and enjoy life, I wouldn't change my world for a zillion dollars - so why am I so cranky?  Easy question - the last month of pregnancy brings out the worst in me.  Everything Is Edible eased my guilt a little.

If you are a mum, this is a worthwhile blog to read and subscribe to.
http://www.everythingisedible.com/blog/family-life/being-a-fun-mum-when-you-just-dont-feel-like-it/

Jen & Row
www.shimi.com.au

2 comments:

  1. Hi Jen & Row, thanks so much for this. It's such a lovely compliment and I am just so pleased that the post was an encouragement to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kids can really wear you out but they're really worth every anguish and frustration. They truly are adorable! Enjoy your day, Kellie xx

    ReplyDelete