Saturday, February 12, 2011

Dream Job

I had a bit of time to sit and think today due to a reasonably long trip to a friends place for a Housewarming.  Kids were (for once) quite, husband was driving and (for once) quite so I could sit and contemplate.

Like a lot of people out there, I have never really found my place in the working world.  I had a very good job before children in the insurance world and had always meant to go back to Uni, but insurance was by far the least of my passions and I never quite  knew what I wanted to study at Uni.  I had started , psychology but I soon changed my mind when I was confronted with the cold hard truth of the type of jobs most psychologists end up doing.  Amazing profession and amazing people to do that type of work, but working with criminals and very damaged people takes a very special person, and I am not in that league.

Since having my first child I have long held onto the dream of becoming a midwife but the thought of going back to uni for 4 years after not studying for the past 14 years scares the hell out of me.

If only I could click my fingers and have and be qualified for my dream job.....

What is your dream job.

Jen and Row
www.shimi.com.au

No comments:

Post a Comment